Community Relations Assistant
Under the direction of the Community Relations Director, this position is responsible for ensuring that the programs and services delivered are consistent with American House’s philosophy of Senior Living and that the highest quality of customer service is provided for our communities, supporting their ongoing efforts to maintain and increase occupancy. Hours are determined by the supervisor and can be subject to change at any time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure the highest quality of customer service is available for our residents.
• Ensure compliance to American Houses philosophy and hallmarks as well as all written policies and procedures that govern the operation of the Sales and Marketing department.
• Responsible for sales initiatives and community outreach as described and outlined inthe American House Sales Manual.
• Support the Community Relations Manager in ensuring budgeted occupancy or higher is maintained.
• Conduct prospective resident tours on an as needed basis.
• Monitor the marketing budget and communicate with the Community Relations Manager of any changes needed.
• Set, track, and accomplish goals on a timely basis for completed calls, mailings, leads generated, appointments set, presentations, and closings as directed.
• Effectively track and cultivate all prospects utilizing the lead tracking software (You’ve Got Leads).
• Proficiency with software applications/programs/tools used by American House including but not limited to: o You’ve Got Leads o Leasehawk o Creative Work Order (Spark) o A Place for Mom Partner Central o BILD
• Develop a rapport and positive relationship with prospective residents and families.
• Ensure model and respite apartments are well maintained at all times.
• Complete reports as required.
• Work in conjunction with members of the Leadership team.
• Participate in productive sales and marketing meetings.
• Participate in weekly occupancy focus calls as required.
• Develop and maintain marketing relationships with publishers/advertisers.
• Administrative duties as needed including but not limited to: o Support of Ambassador Program o Ordering of supplies in conjunction with the Assistant Executive and Community Relations Manager o Inventory of vacancies and close/attrition documentation o Weekly Vacancy report
• Oversee and maintain inventory of all marketing material including promotional items and collateral.
• Support the Community Relations Manager in on-site events for referral sources and prospects as needed.
• Prepare for and perform welcome orientation with new residents including but not limited to: o Direct contact and coordination with Maintenance o Coordinate lease signing o Communicate with the future residents all necessary information regarding their move in
• Assess the competitive landscape and institute adjustments to the sales and marketing strategies in response to meet changing market and competitive conditions. o Shop/tour all competitors on a quarterly basis via phone/e-mail and in person
• Support the Corporate Director of Marketing & Advertising function with onsite collaboration, tracking, and trafficking of advertising and promotion activities including print, digital, electronic media and direct mail.
• Implementation of a variety of new business initiatives to drive sales.
• Generate sales ideas and determine best way to drive traffic with the Community Relations Manager and Executive Director.
• Update any relevant information to the Quarterly Marketing Plan for the Community Relations Manager to submit.
• Research and identify senior living industry trends as they relate to your department.
• Support the Corporate Director of Marketing/Communication on all social media platforms regularly.
• Remain educated through webinars etc. on our existing American House Sales Systems (APFM, YGL, Partner Central, LeaseHawk, BILD).
• Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to residents, according to HIPAA.
• Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to the private materials, policies or procedures related to the operation of the community and/or personnel records, unless directed or allowable by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
• Degree in sales and marketing or related field preferred
• Two years minimum experience marketing/sales
• Ability to manage a budget preferred
• Excellent communication skills and a compassion for older adults
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• High degree of interpersonal relationship skills
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Considerable initiative, judgment, and leadership skills
• Telephone skills
• Problem solving and logic skills
• Computer skills
Founded in 1979, American House Senior Living Communities’ vision is to provide high-quality housing for senior at a price affordable for retirees and their families. That vision of excellence has endured for nearly 40 years and expanded to serve residents at a number of senior housing communities. Our mission is to enrich the lives of those we serve, providing an environment that fosters meaningful relationships. Our vision is to be an innovative senior housing company that created sustainable excellence and stakeholder value, with an unparalleled commitment to passionate care provided by compassionate people.