Wellness Nurse Position Summary:
Supervises all Resident Associates, Wellness Nurse and Medication Associate. Liaisons with all other Members of the leadership team, serves as manager on duty in the absence of the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Required Experience for Wellness Nurse:
- An RN license/LPN license. Degree preferred.
- Previous management experience in healthcare or service related setting.
- Knowledge of all applicable governmental regulations.
- Knowledge of the physiology and psychology of the older adult.
Primary Responsibilities for Wellness Nurse:
- Ensure compliance to the American House philosophy as well as all written policies and procedures that govern the operation of the Resident Services Department.
- Assist in the coordination of effective communication among Resident Associates, residents, and families.
- Maintain liaison with residents and family members.
- Through ongoing supervision, oversight, and delegation ensures the provision of a continuous high quality of service within the Wellness department.
- Assist in establishing rapport among Wellness team members to facilitate teamwork.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of competent Resident Associates.
- Perform continuous, ongoing supervision of all Health and Wellness team members, including but not limited to training, disciplining, counseling, motivating, and evaluating.
- Ensure all Health and Wellness staff complete mandatory In Touch Orientation and in service training.
- Monitor licensure and certification compliance for all Wellness staff.
- Ensure that all staff follows established safety regulations, including fire protection, infection control, blood borne pathogens, hazardous waste and quality assurance programs.
- Ensure compliance of the Medication Aide program via supervision, delegation, training and ongoing competency checks.
- Make written and oral reports to the Executive Director and Area Manager of Operations concerning the operation of the Health and Wellness Department.
- Develop methods of coordination of health care services with other third party providers to ensure continuity of care.
- Responsible for oversight of budget for Wellness Department.
- Responsible for verifying all medical forms completion prior to resident move-in.
- Responsible for advising residents when annual physical is due.
- Continually assess residents to verify their appropriateness to live within the community.
- Coordinate and implement regularly scheduled wellness meetings.
- Complete all administrative paperwork as required.
- Administer Mantoux and Hepatitis B Vaccinations to residents/staff associates as required and determined by specific community and state regulations.
- Organize annual Influenza Vaccinations.
- Assist with medication administration.
- Work in conjunction with resident’s attending Physician to make certain highest quality of service is being provided.
- Submit recommendations to the Executive Director for budget completion, equipment and supplies.
- Ensure adequate staffing pattern of Resident Associates within authorized hour guidelines at all times.
- Manage and maintain Wellness budget within established guidelines.
- Develop work schedules and assignments to ensure staff accountability and task completion.
- Ensure adequate supplies and equipment is available to meet the day to day operational needs of the Health and Wellness department.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident and staff information.
- Review all complaints, grievances and incidents and assist the Executive Director in the development of a written plan of correction.