Housekeeping Supervisor Position Summary
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing the overall housekeeping department and insuring that the facility and resident apartments are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
Qualifications and Required Experience for Housekeeping Supervisor:
- Excellent communication skills and a compassion for older adults
- Supervisory experience preferred
Primary Responsibilities for Housekeeping Supervisor:
- Ensure the highest quality of customer service is available for our residents.
- Engage in prospective resident visits.
- Perform welcome orientation with new residents.
- Works with the Executive Director to recruit and hire qualified housekeeping staff along with proper orientation and training.
- Responsible for knowing all information in the employee-handbook.
- Responsible for department staff schedules and work assignments.
- Verifying staff are in proper uniforms daily.
- Orders housekeeping supplies and monitors inventory.
- Schedules the rotation of weekly cleaning of resident rooms and daily cleaning of common areas and bathrooms.
- Supervisory responsibilities of department staff including job performance reviews.
- Cleans resident apartment including but not limited to vacuuming, mopping, disinfecting, dusting, emptying trash, making beds and linen service where applicable.
- Responsible for personal laundry service where applicable.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of entire building.
- Monitor public restrooms throughout the day for cleanliness and adequate supplies.
- Maintain regulatory compliance where applicable.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Notes areas or articles in need of repair and reports to Assistant Director.
- Schedule and oversee common area Spring and Fall deep clean.
- Proficiency with software applications/programs/tools used by American House for Housekeeping Supervisor position.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Executive Director.