Maintenance Director Position Summary:
Under the general direction of the Regional Director of Physical Plant, primary Maintenance Director responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the overall maintenance/upkeep of the physical plant (building and grounds) including preventative maintenance, repairs and inspections.
Qualifications and Required Experience for Maintenance Director:
- Excellent communication skills and a compassion for older adults
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling, and general repair skills.
Primary Responsibilities for Maintenance Director:
- Ensure the highest quality of customer service is available for our residents.
- Engage in prospective resident visits
- Perform welcome orientation with new residents
- Makes sure all aspects of the building are in a good state of repair.
- Responds to maintenance requests on a daily basis.
- Proficiency with software applications/programs/tools used by American House for Maintenance position.
- Maintain Unit Maintenance Log for each apartment.
- Monitors and maintains Building Inspection Schedule that includes preventative maintenance program and all required system inspections.
- On call 24 hours a day for emergency maintenance needs as authorized by Executive Director. If not available must arrange for back up coverage.
- Performs routine janitorial duties in order to keep building and grounds clean and neat.
- Snow removal and landscaping not performed by outside contractors.
- Supervision of part-time, temporary, or contract personnel.
- Performs routine inspections of interior and exterior of building.
- Perform mandatory annual unit inspections completing required documentation.
- Coordinate with Executive Director when contracting with any outside vendors.
- Orders maintenance supplies and monitor inventory.
- Responsible for timely turn over of vacant apartments.
- Maintains dumpster area and monitor trash pickup.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.