Assistant Culinary Director Position Summary:
Under the direction of the Culinary Director, primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the overall functioning of the dietary department.
Qualifications and Required Experience for Assistant Culinary Director:
- Interpersonal relationship skills
- Problem solving and logic skills
- Excellent communication skills and a compassion for older adults
- Training and experience in dietary/food service techniques.
Primary Responsibilities for Assistant Culinary Director:
- Ensure the highest quality of customer service is available for our residents.
- Works closely with the Culinary Director.
- Responsible for maintaining dietary operations to meet the monthly food, supplies and wage budgets.
- Interview and perform corrective action with dietary staff.
- Verifying staff are in proper uniforms daily.
- Responsible for knowing all information in the employee-handbook.
- Responsible for the scheduling and posting of work assignments for dietary aides, insuring there are adequate personnel on duty for the preparation and serving of meals, while maintaining staffing guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining proper/hygienic food handling techniques and the overall sanitation requirements of a food service area and the personnel.
- Responsible for walking through the dining room during meals communicating with residents regarding satisfaction.
- Responsible for setting up food and supplies for special events in coordination with the building Executive Director and Lifestyle Director.
- Responsible for maintaining sanitary conditions in dining room areas.
- Responsible for overseeing the proper use of all dietary equipment.
- Responsible for carrying out any emergency procedures required during shift
- Notes and reports areas or articles in need of repair
- Perform welcome orientation with new residents
- Engage in prospective resident visits
- Maintain regulatory compliance where applicable.
- Proficiency with software applications/programs/tools used by American House for Culinary Director position.
- Other duties as assigned by Culinary Director or the Food and Beverage director.
- All Assistant Culinary Directors must obtain and maintain a Serve Safe Certification.