Lead Server Position Summary
Under the direction of the Culinary Director, primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring a high quality, positive dining experience for our residents.
Qualifications and Required Experience for Lead Server:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills and a compassion for older adults.
- Training and experience in dietary/food service techniques.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret facility forms, signs and product instructions. Ability to speak clearly and interpret verbal communication.
Primary Responsibilities for Lead Server:
- Ensure the highest quality of customer service is available for our residents.
- Works closely with the Culinary Director.
- Personally welcome all new residents and assist them to their table.
- Assists the Culinary Director with proper orientation and training of new staff, recruiting, and interviews.
- Verifying staff are in proper uniforms daily.
- Responsible for knowing all information in the employee-handbook.
- Responsible for working with the Culinary Director regarding the scheduling and posting of work assignments for dietary aides, insuring there are adequate personnel on duty for the serving of meals, while maintaining staffing guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining proper/hygienic food handling techniques and the overall sanitation requirements of the dining room area and the personnel.
- Assist with the setup of food and supplies for special events in coordination with the building Executive Director and/or Life Enrichment Director.
- Maintain regulatory compliance where applicable.
- Responsible for overseeing the proper use of all dietary equipment.
- Responsible for carrying out any emergency procedures required during shift.
- Notes and reports areas or articles in need of repair.
- Supervision of staff and overall kitchen operation when acting as cook.
- Other duties as assigned by the Culinary Director and/or Executive Director.