• Excellent communication skills and a compassion for older adults
• Must possess valid driver’s license.
• A Florida LPN license required; RN Degree preferred
• Previous management experience in healthcare or service related setting
• Knowledge of all applicable governmental regulations
• Knowledge of the physiology and psychology of the older adult
Under the general direction of the Executive Director ,Wellness Director and Regional Wellness Director, primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the overall responsibility of enriching the lives of our residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure compliance to American House’s Mission and philosophy as well as all written policies and procedures that govern the operation of the Wellness Department.
• Assist in the coordination of effective communication among PCP’s, Memory Care LED, Residents, and Authorized Representatives.
• Maintain liaison with residents and Authorized Representatives through ongoing supervision, oversight, and delegation ensures the provision of a continuous high quality of service within the Wellness Department.
• Assist in establishing rapport among Wellness team members to facilitate teamwork.
• Assist in the recruitment and selection of competent Personal Care Partner’s.
• Perform continuous, ongoing supervision of all Wellness team members, including but not limited to training, disciplining, counseling, motivating, and evaluating.
• Ensure all Wellness Staff complete mandatory orientation and in service training.
• Monitor licensure and certification compliance for all Wellness Staff.
• Ensure that all staff follows established safety regulations, including fire protection, infection control, blood borne pathogens, hazardous waste, and quality assurance procedures.
• Ensure compliance of the Medication Aide program via supervision, delegation, training, and ongoing competency checks.
• Make written and oral reports to the Executive Director, Wellness Director and Regional Wellness Director concerning the operation of the Health and Wellness Department.
• Develop methods of coordination of health care services with other third party providers to ensure continuity of care.
• Responsible for oversight of budget for Wellness Department.
• Responsible for verifying all medical forms completion prior to resident move-in.
• Organize/Participate in networking and community outreach programs/events.
• Continually assess residents to verify their appropriateness to live within the Community.
• Coordinate and implement regularly scheduled care conferences.
• Complete all administrative paperwork as required.
• Administer Mantoux (TB) Vaccinations to residents/staff associates as required and determined by specific community and state regulations.
• Organize annual clinics for Influenza Vaccinations.
• Assist with Medication Administration when needed.
• Work in conjunction with resident’s attending physician to make certain highest quality of service is being provided.
• Submit recommendations to the Executive Director for budget completion, equipment and supplies.
• Ensure adequate staffing pattern of PCP’s within authorized hour guidelines at all times.
• Manage and maintain Wellness budget within established guidelines.
• Develop/oversee work schedules and assignments to ensure staff accountability and task completion.
• Ensure adequate supplies and equipment is available to meet the day to day operational needs of the Health and Wellness department.
• Maintain confidentiality of all resident and staff information.
• Review all complaints, grievances, and incidents and assist the Executive Director in the development of a written plan of correction.