Community Relations Director Position Summary:
Under the general direction from the Regional Sales Director, with support from the Executive Director, the Community Relations Director assumes the overall responsibility for Sales and Marketing of their community. As an advocate for potential residents, the Community Relations Director shares information about the community, gives tours to potential residents and their family members, and works with the Executive Director to create and maintain an inviting and welcoming community to all residents.
Qualifications and Required Experience for Community Relations Director:
- Excellent communication skills and a compassion for older adults.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Previous sales and/or marketing experience in healthcare or service related setting.
- Excellent computer skills, working proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Suite of products.
- Knowledge of the physiology and psychology of the older adults and the needs of the caregiver.
- High degree of interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Considerable initiative, judgment, and leadership skills.
- Problem solving and logic skills.
Primary Responsibilities for Community Relations Director:
- Ensure effective communication to Leadership team regarding marketing, sales, and occupancy issues.
- Develop and implement marketing plans.
- Organize and manage a successful networking and community outreach program.
- Effectively track and cultivate all prospects utilizing the sales software.
- Ensure that a census of budgeted occupancy or higher is maintained.
- Monitor and manage the marketing budget.
- Set, track, and accomplish goals on a timely basis for completed calls, mailings, leads generated, appointments set, presentations, and closings as outlined within Monthly Marketing Plan.
- Maintain a thorough working proficiency on the lead management system.
- Develop a rapport and positive relationship with prospective residents and families.
- Ensure that model suites are well maintained.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of in service training, touring, and presentations.
- Provide tour training and customer service training to staff.
- Make written and weekly oral reports and meet as directed with the Executive Director.
- Oversee and/or coordinate new resident move-in process with appropriate team members.
- Work in conjunction with other members of the Leadership Team.
- Conduct effective sales meetings.
- Submit recommendations to the Executive Director for the budget completion, equipment, and supplies.
- Ensure adequate supplies and equipment is available to meet the day-to-day operational needs of the Community Relations Department.
- Participate in weekly occupancy call and focus calls as required.