Job Description: Digital/Print Graphic Designer
Digital/Print Graphic Designer Position Summary:
Under the direction of the Creative Director, this position is responsible for the creation of visual concepts to communicate ideas that inspire, inform and captivate our customers. The Digital/Print Graphic Designer will ensure the programs and services delivered are consistent with American House’s philosophy of Senior Living and that the highest quality of customer service is provided to our ‘clients’, everyday, supporting the Company’s ongoing efforts to maintain and increase occupancy. This position is headquartered in the corporate office of which core business hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Digital/Print Graphic Designer:
include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Candidate must exhibit the ability to organize and achieve excellence in regards to quality work, as part of the marketing team, and share the passion to produce award-winning creative
- Must be conceptual thinker with ability to develop and create work in online/offline channels
- Ability to collaborate with team in the evolution and production of an idea or design, and transform it into visual executions that successfully communicate to a specific audience
- Ability to ideate and work collaborative and supportively with team members to develop user-centric designs that provide a rich customer experience across all mediums
- Proficient production skills to create finished artwork for all mediums including video, digital and print, and broadcast
- Prepares layouts, designs and creates artwork for use in digital and traditional mediums
- Professional experience in creating/building email marketing campaigns and marketing automation tactics
- Proven competency in traditional and digital design, production techniques and printing methods
- Communicate, analyze and collaborate with clients, customers and team to ensure design accurately reflects the preferred message and desired outcome
- Detail-oriented, with marked ability to work efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects simultaneously with varying deadlines
- Coordinates all administrative aspects of production on assigned projects, including preparing final designs for presentation, checking and approving color, copy, text format and imagrey
- Concept and produce motion graphics using HTML5 for motion, digital and web
- Clear understanding of naming conventions, file management and storage
- Resourceful, self-directed and willingness to learn and adapt quickly
Qualification Requirements for Digital/Print Graphic Designer:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College degree in graphic design, communications or similar
- 5-7 years minimum experience in graphic design role serving multiple people
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Flexibility to work extended hours during the weekday and/or weekends when projects/schedules dictate
- Proven history and portfolio of digital, social media and print collateral files
- Proficient using the MAC platform
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and HTML5
- Full Competency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Will be required to take and pass a design/production assignment within a two day window
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Interest/experience in working with seniors and a compassion for older adults
Language Skills for Digital/Print Graphic Designer:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret company documents and forms. Ability to speak clearly and interpret verbal communication.
Other Skills and Abilities for Digital/Print Graphic Designer:
- Communication and collaboration skills – written & verbal
- Keen problem solving and logic skills
- Advanced Technology and Computer skills
- Professional expertise with MS Office products
- Exceptional Coordination skills
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, passionate environment
Physical Demands for Digital/Print Graphic Designer:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, bend, stretch, pull or push and lift items.
Some travel is required.