Personal Care Partner Position Summary:
Under the general direction of the Executive Director and Wellness Director, primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to providing assistance to the residents in maintaining their highest level of functional independence and psychosocial wellness.
Primary Responsibilities for Personal Care Partner:
- Ensure compliance to American House’s Mission and philosophy as well as all written policies and procedures that govern the Wellness Department.
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with policies and procedures and as instructed by your supervisor and/or Wellness Director, as well as other members of the leadership team.
- Follow work assignments and/or work schedules in completing and performing tasks.
- Report all changes in the resident’s psychosocial and physical condition, and in skin breakdown to the Wellness Director.
- Cooperate with other team members to meet the needs of the residents.
- Report all complaints, grievances, and instances of abuse to the Wellness Director and/or the Executive Director.
- Report all occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemical to the Wellness Director.
- Participate and receive report from prior shift.
- Assist residents as need with activities of daily living such as dental and mouth care, bathing, dressing/undressing, hair and nail care, shaving, continence management, use of prosthetic devices, securing transportation, shopping, making and keeping appointments, use of the telephone, laundry, correspondence, social, exercise and leisure activities, ambulation, and dining.
- Serve meals and assist in the clearing of tables under the direction of the Culinary Director.
- Implements activities as assigned and instructed by the Memory Care Program Director.
- Report needed repairs and safety concerns to the Maintenance Director.
- Answer all emergency response system calls immediately.
- Provide post-mortem care as instructed.
- Follow established safety regulations, including fire protection, infection control, blood borne pathogens, hazardous waste, and quality assurance procedures.
- Communicate with family members, visitors, and volunteers in a customer service oriented manner.
- Complete all documentation and paperwork as required.
- Participate in Wellness meetings and mandatory trainings.
- Perform special treatments as instructed.