Culinary Director Position Summary:
Under the direction of the Executive Director and Corporate Director of Food and Beverage, primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the overall functioning of the dietary department.
Qualifications and Required Experience for Culinary Director:
- Interpersonal relationship skills.
- Problem solving and logic skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a compassion for older adults.
- Training and experience in dietary/food service techniques.
Primary Responsibilities for Culinary Director:
- Ensure the highest quality of customer service is available for our residents.
- Works closely with the Executive Director and Corporate Culinary Team.
- Responsible for maintaining dietary operations to meet the monthly food, supplies and wage budgets.
- Recruit and hire qualified dietary staff along with proper orientation and training.
- Interview and perform corrective action with dietary staff.
- Verifying staff are in proper uniforms daily.
- Responsible for knowing all information in the employee-handbook.
- Responsible for the scheduling and posting of work assignments for dietary aides, insuring there are adequate personnel on duty for the preparation and serving of meals, while maintaining staffing guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining proper/hygienic food handling techniques and the overall sanitation requirements of a food service area and the personnel.
- Responsible for walking through the dining room during meals communicating with residents regarding satisfaction.
- Responsible for setting up food and supplies for special events in coordination with the building Executive Director and Lifestyle Director.
- Responsible for maintaining sanitary conditions in dining room areas.
- Responsible for overseeing the proper use of all dietary equipment.
- Responsible for carrying out any emergency procedures required during shift.
- Notes and reports areas or articles in need of repair.
- Perform welcome orientation with new residents.
- Engage in prospective resident visits.
- Maintain regulatory compliance where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director or the Food and Beverage Director.
- All Culinary Directors must obtain and maintain a Serve Safe Certification.