LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) Position Summary
Under the general direction of the Executive Director and Wellness Director, primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to providing assistance to the residents in maintaining their highest level of functional independence and psychosocial wellness.
Qualifications and Required Experience for LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- 2+ years’ nursing experience
- Up to date first aid and CPR certification
- Current LPN license in the state
- Knowledge of the physiology and psychology of the older adults.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Exceptional staff training and customer service skills
- Compassionate and friendly demeanor
- Must be able to work 2-3 days a week for the 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. shift and the 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m. shift.
Primary Responsibilities for LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse):
- Ensure compliance to the American House philosophy as well as all written policies and procedures that govern the operation of the Resident Services Department.
- Provide bedside care.
- Administer medications and document therapeutic effects.
- Take vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration).
- Assist with resident comfort.
- Prepare and administer injections and/or enemas.
- Collect samples and monitor catheters.
- Provide wound care.
- Help coach staff as necessary.