Culinary Director Position Summary
Enriching the lives of those we serve, through innovative and wholesome culinary experiences!
Our Culinary Directors provide balanced nutrition through exceptional culinary experiences to our Residents and Guests on a daily basis. Culinary Directors are hands-on Chefs that are not only involved in the daily operation of the kitchen and dining room area, but also train, educate and coach their Teams to further their knowledge whilst ensuring quality and variety to their Residents. As a Culinary Director you get to do the things you love, creating nourishing and delicious meals and developing profound relationships with Residents and your Team.
Qualifications and Required Experience for Culinary Director:
- Excellent culinary skills and the ability to execute a variety of menu items.
- 4 years’ experience managing, training and scheduling culinary staff.
- 3 years’ experience managing kitchen budgets.
- 2 years’ experience in dietary/food services preferred.
- Prominent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Evident problem solving and logistics skills.
- An open, positive and engaging personality.
- Excellent communication skills and a pronounced compassion for the elderly.
Primary Responsibilities for Culinary Director:
- Providing our Residents with superior restaurant quality meals and desserts
- Active role in the creation, preparation and presentation of Resident’s meals
- Responsible for maintaining dietary operations to meet the monthly food, supplies and wage budgets
- Responsible for the scheduling and posting of daily work assignments for culinary staff, insuring there are adequate personnel on duty for the preparation and serving of meals, while maintaining staffing guidelines
- Responsible for maintaining and documenting proper/hygienic food handling techniques and the overall sanitation requirements set forth by the local Health Department for food service operations and its personnel.
- Responsible for interacting with Residents during meals to build personal relationships while assessing satisfaction levels.
- Working with Corporate Recruiters to source, interview, and hire qualified culinary staff.
- Ensure proper on-boarding of new Employees through documented Culinary Training program and three, monthly evaluations in person during the first 90 days.
- Leading the Culinary Team with fairness, discipline and an inclusive working environment
- Responsible for setting up food and supplies for special events in coordination with the Executive Director, Lifestyle Director or Sales Department.
- Responsible for overseeing the proper use and maintenance of all Culinary equipment and reporting any equipment in need of repair or maintenance.
- Verifying daily, that Team members adhere to the grooming standards and are in proper uniform daily.
- Responsible for carrying out any emergency procedures required during shift.
- Partake in welcome orientations with new Residents and document any dietary requirements.
- Engage in prospective Resident visits.
- Maintain all regulatory compliance where applicable.
- Proficient with software applications/programs/tools used by American House for Culinary Director position.
- Responsible for the knowledge and enforcement of all information in the employee-handbook.
- Complies with other duties as assigned by Executive Director, or the Corporate Office.
- All Culinary Directors must obtain and maintain a Serve Safe Certification.