Wellness Director Position Summary:
The Wellness Director plays an integral role in upholding American House’s mission to enrich the lives of those we serve. Our Wellness Directors supervise all Wellness team members. This is a leadership position within the community, and serves as manager on duty in the absence of the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Required Experience for Wellness Director:
- Valid LPN license in the State of Florida. RN Degree preferred.
- 3 years of management experience in healthcare or service related setting.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal licensing regulations and/or accreditation programs within areas of responsibility.
- Physiological and psychological knowledge related to gerentology.
Primary Responsibilities for Wellness Director:
- Ensure effective communication among Resident Assistants, Residents, and families.
- Act as primary liaison with Residents and family members.
- Through ongoing supervision, oversight, and delegation, ensures continuous high quality of service within the Wellness Department.
- Establish rapport among Wellness team members to facilitate teamwork.
- Actively recruit and select new Wellness Team members.
- Overall supervision of all Health and Wellness team members, including but not limited to: training, performance management, coaching, motivating, and evaluating.
- Ensure all Health and Wellness staff complete mandatory training.
- Monitor licensure and certification compliance for all Wellness staff.
- Ensure that all staff follows established safety regulations, including fire protection, infection control, blood borne pathogens, hazardous waste, and quality assurance programs.
- Ensure compliance of the Medication Aide program via supervision, delegation, training, and ongoing competency checks.
- Provide written and oral reports to the Executive Director and Regional Director of Operations concerning the operation of the Wellness Department.
- Lead coordination of health care services with other third party providers to ensure continuity of care.
- Responsible for management of Wellness Department budget.
- Responsible for verifying all medical forms are completed as well as assessing residents for required levels of care prior to resident move-in .
- Administer various vaccinations to Residents/team members as required and determined by specific community and state regulations.
- Oversee all medication administration.
- Work in conjunction with Residents' attending Physician to make certain highest quality of service is being provided.
- Submit recommendations to the Executive Director for budget, equipment, and supplies.
- Ensure adequate staffing pattern of Resident Associates within authorized hour guidelines.
- Develop work schedules and assignments to ensure staff accountability and task completion.
- Ensure adequate supplies and equipment is available to meet the day-to-day operational needs of the Wellness Department.
- Maintain high level confidentiality of all information related to the role.
- Investigate all complaints, grievances, and incidents, and work with the Executive Director concerning appropriate responses and corrective actions.